BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 20, 2009

Yellow (Or Good/Bad Vibes)

We were both silent, each waiting for the other to speak, but speech is not the only means of understanding between two souls. It is not the syllables that come from the lips and tongues that bring hearts together.There is something greater and purer than what the mouth utters. Silence illuminates our souls, whispers to our hearts, and brings them together. Silence separates us from ourselves, makes us sail the firmament of spirit, and brings us closer to Heaven; it makes us feel that bodies are no more than prisons and that this world is only a place of exile.
— Kahlil Gibran, The Broken Wings

I like to think that we're all connected; that there is a reason that I met you, and that there is a reason that we know each other, and that our relationships all have a greater and deeper purpose and drive behind them, than just a mere instinctual need to commune with one another. But that God ordains our relationships, and that time, life, and nature itself are conspiring to bring us together...

Fruity, to some, I know. But, it certainly gives a joy to life, color and hope that there is more than what meets the eye. This is one of the ways I find God. Maybe it's a gift. When I meet someone, I get what I have come to call "good vibes" and "bad vibes" about them. Immediately from the moment the words are spoken or our eyes meet. Surprisingly, these tend to say a great deal about the course of our friendship, and where it is going to lead. When good things or bad things happen, I usually look back at our first impression and think, "Did I get a good vibe? Or a bad vibe?" and that can usually explain a lot about why something has happened, or why I should have expected this, or not. It's interesting. The most noteworthy vibes I've had about people are people who find themselves to be close friends of mine, or interesting stories to tell. Either way, we have profound impacts upon each others lives.

Do other people get this? I also think of people in terms of colours. I don't know how to describe it, but everyone has a certain colour around them. Sometimes I run out of words for what colors they are. When people grow and change, their colours change too; become more vibrant, more beautiful, more joy-filled or connected to something that, is as it ought to be, to put it best. I don't know how to describe it. I sound like a hippy. :P But that's okay.

I use this to discern relationships, friendships, and how people connect, and work together. You should ask me what colour I think you are. But you could probably figure it out yourself. I didn't know what my colour was for the longest time though; but I know what it is now.

Yellow. :)

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Funny. I pulled this comment from Elysha's blog, then later today, I found it on Becca's blog.

Great minds do think alike. :)

Jessie said...

*quote. Not comment.