BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 27, 2009

My younger sister

Hopefully, anybody who knows my younger sister Emily will find this funny:

Today, my sister and I were watching a movie, when suddenly; she turned to me and said,
“Jess-man, you have to promise me something.”
“Okay, what’s up?”
“When you get married, you had better not buy a crappy dress from the thrift store.”
I didn’t know how to reply to that, nor did I know where this was coming from, so I didn’t say anything.
“Like, you actually have to spend money on your dress. Promise me.”
Again, I couldn’t think of how to reply to this, so I simply said,
“…Why?”
To which she continued,
“Like, I don’t care where you get married. Like, spend a lot of money on the dress, and the rest of the wedding can be crappy. You could get married in a freaking swamp. But you have to look pretty.”
“Okay…”
“Like, seriously. I don’t care where you get married. Like if you get married in some ugly place, like Quebec or something. With a French Priest! Man, that would be funny. Jess-man, you better get married in Quebec. Notre Padre…” And here she tried to make the Sign of the Cross, in French. But she forgot how. So she tried to say the Our Father prayer, in French.
“Notre Pere… Uh… something, something, something. Amen. Is that how it goes?”
“Yes. Yes it does.” I replied.

Later on, she said that she was afraid I was going to wear some flipping, whacked-out, wedding hippy dress made from wheat. (Her exact words)
“Jess-man, if I’m going to be your maid of honor, I better not be wearing some hippy whacked-out dress made of wheat.” (Apparently I have a maid of honor now.)
She repeated the word “wheat” a few more times, then as I was typing this up, she came into my room, and said, “I’m serious y’all! Wheat!”

1 comments:

becca.moon said...

iiiiiiii love it!! hahaha... wheat!

i have never heard of a dress made of wheat but she may be onto something there...