BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The photoshoot.

Mike Salvatore doesn't like music.

As a musician... I find this hard to believe. But he doesn't like music, I suppose the same way I do not like cold weather. Which, ironically, Mike Salvatore likes. In the summer, he and his wife Mary have two air conditioners running, side by side.

Mike Salvatore doesn't like music... until DPrime introduced him to Wilbur Sarunablahblahblah. Wilbur is this superstar from India who wears aviators and has a mustache. One of his songs is about how he wants a love marriage, not an arranged marriage. Another one has a chorus that repeatedly says (for a couple of minutes) "Please check my blog." - It's the kind of stuff that gets stuck in your head easily, and STAYS THERE. AND DOESN'T LEAVE. oi...

But you wanted to read about how the photoshoot went, I suppose. :)

What an experience. It was profound for me, to seek to really actively see the beauty within each of the people, and best present it. They were all very awkward at first, and they eventually all warmed up as I got them telling me stories about their kids, and seeing how they smiled and lit up when they told me about their children. The first lady was so beautiful, but so shy. I felt like I was slowly peeling back layers and seeking an un-posed, natural beauty to give to them to say, "See? You're beautiful. You're worthwhile. You're created." And their kids were so wonderful. They had the biggest eyes, and loveliest smiles. I wasn't sure how I would do things, but the light was AMAZING that morning. I took pictures in a church, because the light went through the stained glass windows and caused everything to just GLOW. I was so thankful for one sunny day in a week of dreary, frozen weather. It was a real blessing. I really hope for more opportunities like this. I've already been invited back to the pregnancy center. If you know of other places that will also have people in need who deserve this kind of gift, please let me know! (I will stick to posting two photos from this awesome experience on http://godarlinggo.tumblr.com)

Tomorrow's my birthday. I'll be twenty-one. I have twenty one blessings. I don't feel older, but I do feel a more profound awareness of how young I am, and how much life there is out there to live. And that really excites me. I wonder what new adventure is next!

0 comments: