BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

5:30am

This morning, I woke up at 5:30am, completely awake. And praying... I woke up praying. It was very strange. It made me wonder if I had been praying all night in my sleep, and how that works. I couldn't get back to sleep (which is very uncharacteristic of me... I am such a heavy sleeper I struggle with waking up!) so I went to the common lounge and read the book of Acts until about 7am, when very tired-looking people started coming downstairs, so I left and went back to bed.

I was praying for two things, and desperately: that God would lead me to a community next year. But not just people to live with. But people to learn from, and do ministry and help those around me with. I prayed that God would show me how to speak boldly about His truth like they did in the Acts of the Apostles - and to speak it rightly, and lovingly, with courage, and open to whatever may happen. I also prayed for a direction that is focused on God - that I wouldn't be concerned with a meaningless pursuits but that my actions and decisions would be focused on His will. My reasons for hot-air balloons are selfish, and I don't want to be overcome with worry and not have any direction beyond a mediocre pursuit that isn't concerned with His plan in my life and a greater goodness and beauty to strive for.

It was a really strange morning. :)

1 comments:

FretzsBrokenBrain said...

first off, I must say that waking up at 5:30 is borderline insane (unless you have an early class or your a farmer or something.. :P)

Secondly, I love the book of Acts. I can see why you are seeking such a community to learn from (which I assume is outside of EBC? If so, then you are legally required to visit and play Scrabble with me often!) Sometimes it is difficult to learn from people, even in community. Some past and present friends at EBC have taught me more than I can rememberer to type. Most notably, John Hamill and Andrew Martin. They really invested into me last year with Infusion. Teaching me of confidence and such.

Medicore persuits are not cool and I cannot stand the sidelines. Sure, their comfy but is it making a difference? No! All of us have a place in God's earthly kingdom. I've been praying for ways to serve my Savior, and obviously through Benton Street, my prayers are answered and my hands are getting dirty. Keep seeking God's face Jessie, I can tell your a woman after His heart. Focus on His will.

I just turned on Be Thou My Vision.. great reminder to seek Him alone.