BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Life is good.

So Mat Snyder, being the thoughtful kind of guy he is, told Marjorie about the Latin competition. So now she knows. And I'm behind on my declensions because going away to JR. Pitch and not studying, now I have to study the feminine noun declensions, masculine, neuter, AND adjectives. Not to mention the vocabulary for the next two chapters. Craap. And now she knows. So now she'll be uber-motivated, and I gotta pull my socks up. Thanks Mat. (Just for the record, I annihilated him in Super Smash Bros. the other night. That'll teach him to tell Marjorie on me! bahaha. :P But just for the record, I didn't actually annihilate him. I played an awful game of Smash. Pikachu the Thunder-rat couldn't even dodge Donkey Kong. Both Donkey Kongs: there were two of them. oi.)

I think, at this moment, I am not as worried as I should be. Life has been very good to me, and my friendships with people are well. There's a lot of precarious situations going on right at this moment that maybe I SHOULD be stressed about, but it's not keeping me up at night. I've been too busy with school to be able to address anything properly (i.e. picking up some full-time job somewhere, the biggest concern right now is of a financial nature, but I do have a part-time job, and, God-willing, various amounts of money coming in the mail. I just don't know when. And I don't like to wait, either. There are others waiting on me.) but I, for some reason, am NOT stressed that much, though I'm becoming increasingly stressed as the weeks are ticking by. Part of it does excite me though (this is when I begin to sound insane) because, once again, I'm put in a situation of complete and utter reliance on the hope that things will turn out all right. It's exciting to be in the not-knowing. Is it okay for me, though, to be slightly annoyed/jealous at all the people around me who are secure? I don't think so. I have to work on that.

The other weekend was JR. Pitch. What an exhausting, but great time. I didn't realize they wanted me to ref dodgeball for five hours. I was shocked that I still had an audible voice at the end of everything. But it was fun, and wonderful to see good people once again. The way it was set up lacked a very obvious spiritual element, which I'm sure they all realized by the end of the weekend. Mat said that it caused him to pray even more for all the kids who went. Maybe then, it was a good thing, for what it was, if that makes sense. I did like it, especially in the way that if it did lack a spiritual element, I would certainly hope that, like Mat, it would motivate other leaders in the groups to challenge, pour into, and pray for the the kids throughout the weekend, and fulfill what the nature of the event was lacking.

Josiah Nahwegahbow got a ride down from me. It turns out he also highly enjoys Fantasia (one of my favorite movies) and Coldplay (best band ever). What a stellar combination. On the way down, I went to put gas in the car. Filled it. It cost $33 on the dot. I went in to pay, but stopped to pick up some engine oil first (I have to do this regularly for my car) and the guy, some kid who looked like he did NOT want to be there, told me I had paid for it already outside. (This is a story of one of those strange moments where things seem to work out impeccably well in your favor.)
"No I didn't."
"You sure?" He looked at me like I was real dumb.
"Yeah. Otherwise I wouldn't be in here."
"Well, did one of your friends pay for you?"
I looked outside, and Jo was washing my windshield, and the thought occurred to me that maybe one of the guys I was driving down (Jo, Tim Stanley and Dan Dorsy) had maybe paid for me while I wasn't looking, in a gesture of a nice surprise. So I went outside to ask them, but nobody had paid for me. Jo and I went in, and told the guy we had definitely not paid for the gas.
"It says you did." (I'm still surprised that he continued to refuse my money.)
"Well, in that case, it's your call. What do you want us to do?"
"Well, you can go..." he said.
So we left. Free gas. I got a free fill-up. What a miracle. I was so happy I called my dad.

Life is good. Not because things are going good, but simply because it just is by nature, regardless of circumstances.

1 comments:

FretzsBrokenBrain said...

wow Jessie that's instense! And good, God is at work!

JR Pitch was crazy fun, I really loved to see these leaders just investing themselves into these young people. And Dodgeball was so much fun, despite the lack of audible voice :P